Frequently asked questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) of the powder dosing instrument, LAMBDA DOSER provides more information about the functions of the powder dispenser, the dosing mechanism, its storage capacities, communication interfaces and other accessories.
Could not find the information that you are looking for? Then, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions.
- Could you please explain the difference between the "Distributor (normal)" Model 5804 and the "Distributor for very fluid powders" Model 5805?
- As a user of LAMBDA DOSER, I need an extra-long remote control cable. Where do I find it?
- Can you please also confirm if the system would be supplied according to our standard electrical connection?
- How do I know if I need a RS-485 or a RS-232 interface?
- Is the control software PNet compatible with both "Win XP" and "Win 7"?
- Is there any license to pay for the PNet software?
- What would be the expected delivery date if we were to purchase the doser?
- We are looking for something that is more readily available or off-the-shelf since we will be performing the tests in a few weeks.
- How does the LAMBDA DOSER work with the material that is prone to agglomeration?
- Is it possible to dose our fibrous, needle shaped and hygroscopic (ground, dry sugarcane bagasse and miscanthus) materials?
- Can you please confirm the particle size that can be fed by the dosing system?
- How the LAMBDA DOSER reacts to abrasive powders? Will the components get damaged over time with continuous abrasion?
- Is it possible to dose anhydrous sodium sulphate with your DOSER?
- Can the Lambda DOSER control the mass flow rate (g/min) of the powder being dispensed?
- Is the dosing of the LAMBDA DOSER continuous?
- Can the LAMBDA DOSER (powder doser) also dose intermittent (meaning, with a pause between each dose) or can it only dose a continuous stream of powder?
- Can I use this equipment to control the feed rate of powder?
- Could you give me some more details on the feeding mechanism? Is there a motor (pump) turning to open a gap through which the powder is fed? Is there any part of the system kind of “pushing” the powder out to be supplied?
- What are the materials of the Doser parts?
- How high can the temperature be without this parts melting or getting damaged?
- Is there an alternative to glass in the 0.2 liter container for the LAMBDA DOSER? Glass can be rather fragile.
- Is the 0.2L feeder section interchangeable with the 1L vessel?
- Do you have these vessels for LAMBDA powder DOSER in any other material than glass? We are interested in clear plastic vessels if you were to have them.
- Are the vessels exchangeable? We would like to buy a spare glass container for our powder doser.